The Future of Rate Design
August 15, 2017
2 – 3:30 pm eastern
Public Power Forward Webinar Series
This is the first in a 5-part webinar series, Public Power Forward: Preparing for a New Electricity Future. Sign up for webinars individually or register for the full series at a discounted rate. You’ll also get access to recordings and slides for future reference.
Distributed generation and energy efficiency programs are creating cost-shifting concerns. Catch up on the latest industry rate trends and discover how to move toward stable rate structures that accurately recover costs from all customers. Review the pros and cons of different rate models—time of use, higher customer charge, demand charges, and bi-directional billing. Learn how other utilities like yours have created long-term rate plans, selected and implemented new rate designs, and obtained buy-in from board and city council members as well as customers.
- Dave Berg, Principal, Dave Berg Consulting, Rosemount, Minnesota
- Jason McPherson, City Administrator, Marlow Municipal Authority, Oklahoma
- Brian Skelton, President, Tullahoma Utilities Authority, Tennessee
- Belen Valenzuela, Chief Financial Officer, Imperial Irrigation District, California
Individual webinars: $99 for Association members; $199 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for The Future of Rate Design webinar.
The 5-part series (one free webinar): $395 for Association members; $795 for nonmembers
- Click here to register for the series.
- All webinars are recorded and available for playback, in case you miss the live version.
- You will need a username and password to register. If you need assistance, please contact the Association’s web services staff.
- Log-in information for each webinar will be sent out the morning of the event (around 10:30 a.m. Eastern). If you do not receive the reminder email, please call 202/467-2976 or email EducationInfo@PublicPower.org).
- Registration is for one phone line and one computer. If you have multiple employees participating in this webinar from the same organization and all are in the same location, you can have multiple people listen in via speaker phone.
- You may use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instead of a phone line. This option allows you to listen to the webinar audio through your computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Each webinar is worth 1.5 CPEs/.2 CEU/1.5 PDH credits
CPE Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- The completion certificate is only available to the person who registered for the webinar and attendance is confirmed by the webinar report log.
- Links to all presentations and an audio recording will be sent out shortly after the webinar.
Questions for Speakers
We encourage registrants to submit topics and questions prior to the webinar—email them to EducationInfo@PublicPower.org. Questions may also be submitted online via chat during the webinar.
Have questions? Contact 202/467-2921 or EducationInfo@PublicPower.org.