Below is the preliminary agenda from the 2017 Public Power Lineworkers Rodeo.
|Friday, May 5|
All events on Friday take place at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter, San Antonio, TX.
7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.: Training Course Registration Desk Open
7:45 a.m. – 12:45 a.m.: Training Courses for Apprentice and Journeyman Lineworkers
11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.: Indoor Rodeo Vendor Expo
- Take advantage of this valuable opportunity to connect with industry experts as they display their latest products and services.
11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.: Rodeo Registration & Sales
- Registration for apprentice, journeyman teams, judges, and greeters/auditors.
2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Judges, Greeters, and Auditors Meeting (Mandatory Event)
- Judges, greeters, and auditors should register prior to attending this meeting. Judges will proceed to the Apprentice Written Test at the conclusion of this meeting.
4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.: Apprentice Written Test Event
- Apprentices must register prior to this event and arrive by 4:00 p.m. for the test.
|Saturday, May 6|
Rodeo competition events on Saturday take place at the CPS Energy W.B. Tuttle Employee and Retiree Park in San Antonio, TX. The Rodeo Awards Banquet takes place at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter.
7:30 a.m.: Opening Ceremony
8:00 a.m.: 17th Annual Public Power Lineworkers Rodeo Competition
8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Lineworkers Rodeo Vendor Expo
Noon - 1:30 p.m.: Written Test Chief Event Judge Available for Q&A
6:00 p.m.: Rodeo Awards Banquet (Tickets Required)
- Competitors, judges, volunteers, families, and guests are invited to celebrate the Rodeo winners and participants.
|Sunday, May 7 -Wednesday, May 10
For Information on Competition, Banquets, Event, and In-Kind Sponsorship opportunities, click here.